Regarding Built-in Buttons / dynamic column visibility documentation

Regarding Built-in Buttons / dynamic column visibility documentation

keithpjolleykeithpjolley Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

I think the HTML (or possibly Javascript) example on the Show / hide columns dynamically page is missing the section that shows the
Toggle column: ColumnA - ColumnB - ...
bits. The page source shows this is outside of the "dataTables_wrapper" div so I'm guessing that this done outside of DataTables. I figured this out after pasting the code into my site and being disappointed that the above string didn't automagically appear.

In making sure I didn't miss anything (I had) I followed the Buttons extension for DataTables link above and saw that this should do what I needed, but, it took a google search to get to a demonstration which showed me this is indeed what I wanted. My suggestions would be to have a link to the example in the Column visibility section of the Built-in Buttons page.

And, DataTables is fantastic - thank you!

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,129Questions: 26Answers: 4,916
    Answer ✓

When you click your Built-in Buttons link look at the sidebar menu. Two down is a link to the buttons examples.

I agree and have noticed the Show / hide columns dynamically does not explain the HTML needed to complete this functionality. It does take digging into the source of the page.

Kevin

This discussion has been closed.