Around 1000 DataTable entries is making my page load slow?

Around 1000 DataTable entries is making my page load slow?

VenoMVenoM Posts: 17Questions: 9Answers: 0

Greetings!

I'm using DataTables on this page: http://game-explorer.webege.com/table.html

And it's clearly loading slow. Can someone give me a solution to use DataTables and fix the slow load time? Because there is nothing else on the page that should make it load super-slow. Please help me out here.

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,302Questions: 26Answers: 4,769

I loaded it 4 or 5 times. Each time it took 1.2 to 1.3 seconds. Are you looking for it to load faster?

Kevin

• VenoMVenoM Posts: 17Questions: 9Answers: 0

Are you sure? because for me, it takes over 70-80 seconds. I've confirmed it by one other friend. Now I don't know if it's just for us or not..

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,302Questions: 26Answers: 4,769

Well, thats interesting. On one of my Macs it takes less than 2 seconds to load and display. See Mac1.png. On another it does take a long time. See Mac2.png.

They are both using Chrome but Mac1 was at 55.0.2883.95 (64-bit) and Mac2 is at 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit). I upgraded Mac1 to 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit) and it now is loading the page slowly.

Firefox (51.0.1 (64-bit)) on Mac2 loads quickly like the previous version of Chrome. What browsers are you testing with?

Seems the latest Chrome has a problem with the page.

Kevin

• bindridbindrid Posts: 730Questions: 0Answers: 119
    edited May 2017

I am having no issues with Edge but I am with Chrome.

I did find what looks like corrupted data.

• galcottgalcott Posts: 53Questions: 15Answers: 1

I think Kevin might be right. I'm running Windows and tried this on Firefox 50, IE 11 and Chrome 58. Only Chrome was slow (100 seconds); the others loaded in a couple of seconds.

• VenoMVenoM Posts: 17Questions: 9Answers: 0

bindrid was correct, the corrupted data was doubling the file size and populated it with data. I erased the data which was corrupted, and page is loading fine for me. Still curious, how did this data get corrupted in the first place? I really appreciate the help guys <3

This discussion has been closed.