Datatables works in chrome but not firefox?

Datatables works in chrome but not firefox?

baseball43v3rbaseball43v3r Posts: 11Questions: 3Answers: 0

hey all, I have a table working great in chrome but not working in firefox, it just shows the table header and footer. When I check out the console I get

"The stylesheet http://192.168.0.42:90/ioma/bower_components/datatables-responsive/css/responsive.dataTables.scss was not loaded because its MIME type, “text/plain”, is not “text/css”."

I've tried declaring my .css as such

<link href="../bower_components/datatables-plugins/integration/bootstrap/3/dataTables.bootstrap.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

<!-- DataTables Responsive CSS -->
<link href="../bower_components/datatables-responsive/css/responsive.dataTables.scss" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

but it doesn't seem to have any effect. Any ideas? I'm running under WAMP in a local environment.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• bindridbindrid Posts: 730Questions: 0Answers: 119

Do a search on scss or "sassy css", it will help you understand what is going on.

• baseball43v3rbaseball43v3r Posts: 11Questions: 3Answers: 0

well the error itself seems to be somewhat resolved by replacing the mime type in PHP to "", but it still isn't showing, I suspect this may be a bootstrap error, (what I'm using) as it doesn't show the full bootstrap css either.

To clarify my above post, replacing the mime type removed the error in the console, but table still isn't showing. Bootstrap css shows up just fine. but the table CSS doesn't. Bindrid can you elaborate a little more on what you mean? I know what sassy css is but I'm not sure how it applies here?

• allanallan Posts: 63,237Questions: 1Answers: 10,418 Site admin
    Answer ✓

What Bindrid is getting at is that you shouldn't be loading the .scss file. It needs to be compiled to CSS before a browser can use it.

This is a link to the compiled file.

What did you use to install Responsive from bower? The package that should be used are listed here.

Allan

edited June 2017

Hey Allen thanks for the response. I'm using a bootstrap theme that already had it installed. After linking the css and js correctly, I was able to pull it up on my local wamp server, but if I pushed it to the server's WAMP server, the responsive still isn't showing.

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,365Questions: 39Answers: 395

....my WAMP install (it's just a local install for now).

....pull it up on my local wamp server, but if I pushed it to the server's WAMP server,

Those statements contradict each other. Is this actually "just a local install" or is "the server's WAMP server" online so that you could provide a link to it?

Sorry, I didn't intend to be confusing. I have a local WAMP install on my computer, I also have a server with a WAMP install that is local to the network (as in no outside network).

• allanallan Posts: 63,237Questions: 1Answers: 10,418 Site admin

If it is working being served from one server but not from another then there must be a difference in what is being served, or perhaps your browser has an old cached version from the one which isn't working.

The help we can offer, I'm afraid, is really limited without being able to see it, particularly if it is working in one case.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.