Firefox 3.6.15 and ajax.html problem

Firefox 3.6.15 and ajax.html problem

clsnyderclsnyder Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited March 2011 in General
Hi
I was experimenting with DataTables -1.7.6 on Windows 7, using Firefox 3.6.15. The following happens:

1. go to \DataTables-1.7.6\examples\data_sources\ajax.html and open it with firefox -> table loads fine

2. go to \DataTables-1.7.6\examples\examples_support\json_source and change the first entry to something that you know will cause an error; eg., "Trident" to "Google"

3. Hit refresh on the firefox page -> obviously, the table won't load

Now the weird part.

4. If you fix the json_source page (back to normal), close firefox, and try to reopen examples\data_sources\ajax.html, the table won't load

5. If you change the source of examples\data_sources\ajax.html to json_source2 AND delete all cookies from firefox, the table won't load

6. If you dump all of DataTables -1.7.6 in the trash, download a fresh copy, and try to open examples\data_sources\ajax.html, the table won't load

7. If you try opening it with another browser, everything works fine

???? Anyone know why this happens?

Thanks - sorry for the long-winded question....

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 63,145Questions: 1Answers: 10,403 Site admin
    Almost certainly browser cache I would say. It sounds like Firefox is aggressively caching the remote Ajax file and just using that each time you load the page. Try emptying the browser's cache and that should do the job. Another option is to use Ajax POST or add a variable to the GET Ajax request (assuming I'm right of course!).

Allan
This discussion has been closed.