Export to pdf, page break inside row

Export to pdf, page break inside row

georgeforstergeorgeforster Posts: 21Questions: 9Answers: 1

When I create a pdf from a table, when rows are more than 1 row high it will page break through the middle of the row. Is it possible to tell the table to break before the row rather than break across the row.

See attached pdf as an example of the output, see bottom of page 2/top of page 3.

Answers

• panarin_daniilpanarin_daniil Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

I'm also searching solution to make page break before row.

• RappiRappi Posts: 82Questions: 18Answers: 1

Hi.
    Is there a solution? I have the same problem...
    Rappi

• colincolin Posts: 15,143Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

We're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

Hi Colin.

How can I create a test case if I do not know how to approach the problem at all? Should I post my working script? This is a problem for which there is no solution yet and therefore nothing can be tested.
    So again my question: Is there already a solution?
    If so, and it doesn't work as desired, I will gladly create a test case!

Rappi

• allanallan Posts: 61,715Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin

Colin's point is that we need to be able to see the problem to be able to understand it and help fix it. We don't need a fix for it - just a page showing the issue. The original pdf attachment doesn't appear to be available anymore for this thread (I'm not sure why that is - I'll need to look into it).

So if you are able to give us a link to a page showing the issue, then we will know what is happening and might be able to help.

I would point out that the PDF generation is done by pdfmake, so it is possible this might be something that needs to be asked there, but I'm not certain without being able to see it.

Allan

Hi Allen,

here you have a PDF.

Please see the break from page 1 to 2, 2 to 3, 4 to 5 and 5 to 6.

Rappi

• allanallan Posts: 61,715Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin

Oh I see - you don't want the cell to break over pages? In that case, this would very much be something you need to raise with the pdfmake folks I'm afraid.

Allan

Ok, thanks Allan.

This discussion has been closed.