Copy and paste multiple cells with keyboard?

Copy and paste multiple cells with keyboard?

joeyfresh87joeyfresh87 Posts: 9Questions: 6Answers: 0

Hello,

Apologies if this question has already been asked and answered. In my case, the users are migrating from an Access form to an Editor/DataTables web form. So, with the old Access form, they frequently used the keyboard to highlight several cells in the same row (with Shift + arrow key), copy their contents (with Ctrl + C), and paste them into another row (with Ctrl + V). I really would like to imitate that behavior in my data table, but I'm not sure the best way to do it. FYI: I am using KeyTables and Editor to get as close to an Excel/Access feel as possible.

Here is a post from 2016, from which it's apparent that at the time, there was no built-in way to select multiple cells with Shift + arrow key:
https://datatables.net/forums/discussion/comment/92169/#Comment_92169

Does anyone know if there has been a relevant update since then, which would allow for easy implementation of my desired functionality?

Thanks,
Joseph

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,075Questions: 1Answers: 10,386 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Hi Joseph,

I'm afraid that still holds true. KeyTable is a single cell selection only.

You could possibly use Select's cell selection ability combined with KeyTable, and then some custom code that will copy values, but that wouldn't be as optimal as Access I'm afraid.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.