Inline editing with dependent

Inline editing with dependent

JohnEditorJohnEditor Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Is it possible to use dependent fields with inline editing? I have a table with inline editing and row editing. Row editing works fine, but inline editing doesn't update the values even with submit 'all' on. Weird thing is that inline editing with dependent saves the changed dependent fields after I've saved (pushed enter) twice.

If it's not possible to use inline editing with dependent, is it possible to disable dependency when editing inline? It's only annoying now, because it's not working correctly.

I can't post example because I'm running project on localhost.

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,744Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Is it possible to use dependent fields with inline editing?

Not really I'm afraid. Inline editing currently only operates with a single field at a time, so any changes, while it would be reflected in the form (since Editor is a row editor - i.e. the whole row is placed into edit mode, even if you can only see a single cell being edited) the data that would be submitted to the server for the dependent field would be undefined.

Instead, what you probably want here is bubble editing - with that you can show multiple fields in a single display.

Allan

• JohnEditorJohnEditor Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Okay, is it possible to disable dependency when editing inline? I would still like to use it when editing a row, but maybe I can manage without it on inline editing.

• allanallan Posts: 61,744Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Not really actually. Once a field is made dependent upon another, there isn't an API to undo that at the moment. That's a missing API and I'll look at resolving that - thanks.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.