"Column Resize" coming anytime soon?

"Column Resize" coming anytime soon?

joeyfresh87joeyfresh87 Posts: 9Questions: 6Answers: 0

Hello,

As I've said in previous questions, I enjoy using DataTables. I was wondering if by any chance there's a plan in the works to come out with an extension that allows for resizing of the columns by the user by dragging the edges of the column headers (like in Excel)?

Thanks,
Joe

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,280Questions: 1Answers: 10,425 Site admin

Hi Joe,

There is no short or medium term plan for that feature from myself at the moment. Long term, yes it is something I would like to add, but there are a lot of other things I want to add or update before then.

Regards,
    Allan

• cFreedcFreed Posts: 21Questions: 4Answers: 0

Hi,

Looking for the same thing, I discovered this old thread: https://datatables.net/forums/discussion/2474/column-resizing
    where I can see that the community had developed such a tool, but that it never could be fully finalized.

Nevertheless I thought I might take advantage of it, so I wanted to look at it.
    But the page where it's said to be available currently returns 404: datatables.net/extras/thirdparty/ColReorderWithResize/ (comment #24172)

Also looking at datatables/extensions like suggested by the above link, I see that even ColReorder doesn't say anything about column resizing.
    Does it mean that it was totally retired (maybe because of compatibility issues with 1.10), or could I know some place where to look at the code?

Thanks in advance for any information about this.

Fred

• allanallan Posts: 63,280Questions: 1Answers: 10,425 Site admin

Yes, totally retired because it wasn't updated for 1.10.

However, since then, this plug-in has been written which might be of some interest. Its still not supported by myself, but it works quite well.

Allan

• cFreedcFreed Posts: 21Questions: 4Answers: 0

Hi allan,

Sorry to be late: I stupidly waited for a notification (like for my own initial posts), so I discovered your response only just now!

I'll go and look at your link.

Many thanks.

Fred

This discussion has been closed.