Bug reports on node.js generator

Bug reports on node.js generator

990consulting990consulting Posts: 23Questions: 7Answers: 0

There were a few typos in the code that came out of the generator for node.js. I was able to work my way through them, but I thought you'd want to know. I used the generator to create a table called "efile_schemas." The following issues pertain to a date field.

(1) In server/table.efile_schemas.js, the validator object was called "Validation," but in the destructuring call, it was called "Validate," resulting in an error.

(2) When I fixed that typo, I got the following error:

stack: ReferenceError: YYYY is not defined
    at /home/www/mappings/server/table.efile_schema.js:31:42
    at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/home/www/mappings/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5)
    at next (/home/www/mappings/node_modules/express/lib/router/route.js:137:13)
    at Route.dispatch (/home/www/mappings/node_modules/express/lib/router/route.js:112:3)
    at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/home/www/mappings/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5)
    at /home/www/mappings/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:281:22
    at Function.process_params (/home/www/mappings/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:335:12)
    at next (/home/www/mappings/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:275:10)
    at Function.handle (/home/www/mappings/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:174:3)
    at router (/home/www/mappings/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:47:12)
    at trim_prefix (/home/www/mappings/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:317:13)
    at /home/www/mappings/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:284:7
    at Function.process_params (/home/www/mappings/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:335:12)
    at app.use (/home/www/mappings/node_modules/express-busboy/index.js:66:20)

This appeared to be caused by a bare literal YYYY-MM-DD supplied to the validator, rather than a quoted string.

(3) I fixed that, and then I got this one:

stack: TypeError: Format.dateSqlToFormat is not a function
    at /home/www/mappings/server/table.efile_schema.js:24:32
    at next (/home/www/mappings/node_modules/express/lib/router/route.js:137:13)
    at Route.dispatch (/home/www/mappings/node_modules/express/lib/router/route.js:112:3)
    at /home/www/mappings/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:281:22
    at Function.handle (/home/www/mappings/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:174:3)
    at router (/home/www/mappings/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:47:12)
    at trim_prefix (/home/www/mappings/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:317:13)
    at /home/www/mappings/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:284:7
    at app.use (/home/www/mappings/node_modules/express-busboy/index.js:66:20)

Upon inspecting node_modules/datatables.net-editor-server/dist/formatters.js, I found that the functions were
named differently from what came out of the generator.

dateSqlToFormat ==> sqlDateToFormat
dateFormatToSql ==> formatSqlToDate

Having fixed those typos, everything worked as expected. Now, to start building. Hopefully I've saved up enough brownie points now that, if something is my mistake, you won't hold it against me... :)

This discussion has been closed.