Chrome issues with ScrollX and zooming

Chrome issues with ScrollX and zooming

mboydmboyd Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hi,

I am having a problem with a table using table-layout: fixed on Chrome (and sometimes Safari) when zooming the page. The table works correctly at 100% zoom but when you zoom in to 90% the scroll div is no longer clipped and the hidden columns become visible.

I think the problem is in _fnScrollDraw(), the condition (table.outerWidth() < sanityWidth) will trigger when zoomed but not at 100% and I assume it's something to do with the fractional column widths but I'm not sure how to get around it.

I have made a simple example (link below) and tested on Chrome 64.0.3282.140 on OS X and Windows. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://pervasivetelemetry.com.au/home/datatables_issue

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,667Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin

Thanks for the test case. I'm afraid that both table-layout:fixed and zooming are area which aren't well supported in DataTables as of yet. I'm fairly certain that it will be a sub-pixel value that is causing the issue, but all browsers do zooming differently, so I haven't attempted to tackle that directly yet.

Allan

• mariooomariooo Posts: 15Questions: 4Answers: 0

I was have exactly the same issue. I put on parent div of the table overflow: hidden. But now, when i'm zooming on 175% (only on this value), then datatables vertical and horizontal scrolls are going invisible... and don't know why. Any ideas?

• colincolin Posts: 15,142Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

Hi @mariooo ,

We're happy to take a look. As per the forum rules, if you could link to a running test case showing the issue we can offer some help. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

This discussion has been closed.