Banned by markup issues : please read!

Banned by markup issues : please read!

getalexagaingetalexagain Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Last night I was replying to my thread and the code markup examples were messed up, so I edit right away and place the tilde characters to encapsulate the code and make my reply much clearer to read.. from the user interface my response was gone! so i proceed to re-write the post and publish again. then i go edit some text and it's gone again. It took me a few tries to realize that your site was taking this as an attack - and my posts were going into moderation! there is absolutely no foul language, no sarcasm, nothing to trigger an admin review other than the fact that my account was likely trying to post a few times in a row. By the time I realized my comments were going through admin review I said ok, going to bed. Today I see my account was banned! I please ask DT support to review the user "getalex" and the posts I made, and possibly make corrections to the 'banned user' logic - perhaps change to a popup/popover to warn users so they don't get confused not seeing the comment and posting multiple times wondering what's going on with the forum - just a suggestion. I'm happy with the plugin and community available to review and discuss solutions. Thanks!
-Alex

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,075Questions: 1Answers: 10,384 Site admin

Hi Alex,

Thanks for flagging this up. I've approved your latest comment here.

We use Akitmet for the spam protection as we get an unbelievable amount of it. Unfortunately that means there are a few false-positives. You are right that we absolutely need to improve the communication of posts that have been flagged!

Allan

• getalexagaingetalexagain Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Very much appreciate your help, Allan. Great work!

This discussion has been closed.