Datatables Editor Purchase

Datatables Editor Purchase

rangaranga Posts: 31Questions: 12Answers: 2

Hi .
I m new to datatables and i have downloaded trial version of editor but as i was experimenting with free version it was expired. My questions are
1.as a sole developer will i be able to integrate the standalone version of editor as many commercial projects once I purchase it ?
2.will there be a renewal fee ?
3. will the version i purchase will be free to upgrade to future versions of editor or if there will be a payment how much it would be?
3.does that model dialogues are independent from DOM CSS and appear same as your demos without adjusting any CSS ?

Thank You

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,950Questions: 1Answers: 10,158 Site admin
    Answer ✓

1.as a sole developer will i be able to integrate the standalone version of editor as many commercial projects once I purchase it ?

The license is per developer - in this context a "developer" is someone who writes code that interfaces with Editor (options, events, API, etc) - if there is only one person developing the code (and it is not being redistributed in a form whereby the end user can modify the code - e.g. as a theme or in an open source project) then a single license is all that is required. The single license can be used by that one developer on multiple servers and sites.

2.will there be a renewal fee ?

The license includes all v1.x versions of the software and it will not expire.

1. will the version i purchase will be free to upgrade to future versions of editor or if there will be a payment how much it would be?

See above :). We don't have a planned release date for v2 yet - work hasn't even started on it yet, so it isn't just around the corner.

3.does that model dialogues are independent from DOM CSS and appear same as your demos without adjusting any CSS ?

They are not independent from the DOM. The examples load an Editor stylesheet which is used to style the modal. You shouldn't need to adjust your CSS, but as always with CSS there is a possibility of a conflict.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.