aoColumns parameter being skipped over, only in chrome

aoColumns parameter being skipped over, only in chrome

kevin02kevin02 Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0

So I have a data table with 19 columns and 19 corresponding items in my aoColumns array. I kept getting this error

"Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'sWidth' of undefined"

and was confused as to why. Eventually, I ran it through the debug tool and realized one of the aoColumns items was just being skipped over completely. I know that sounds like a formatting error but the exact same code works perfectly fine in internet explorer and firefox.

Here's a code snippet:

{"data": "MANAGEDBY", sClass:"noSelect",
                        "fnCreatedCell": function (nTd, sData, oData, iRow, iCol) {
                            $(nTd).html("<a class='editable editable-click inline-assign-managedName' id='managedName' data-title='Managed By' title='Managed By' data-id='Managed By' data-pk='"+oData.I_NUMBER+"'>"+oData.MANAGEDBY+"</a>");
                        }
                    },
                    {"data": "NOTES", sClass:"noSelect",
                            $(nTd).html("<a class='editable editable-click inline-notes' id='Notes' data-title='Notes' title='Notes' data-id='Notes' data-pk='"+oData.I_NUMBER+"'>"+oData.NOTES+"</a>");
                        }
                    },
                    {"data": "BINFO", sClass:"noSelect",
                            $(nTd).html("<a class='editable editable-click inline-assign-bNum' id='bNum' data-title='B Info' title='B Info' data-id='B Info' data-pk='"+oData.I_NUMBER+"'>"+oData.BINFO+"</a>");
                        }
                    },

The notes item is the one being skipped over in chrome.

My company is using DataTables version 1.10.10

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,237Questions: 1Answers: 10,418 Site admin

Can you update to 1.10.16 (the current release) please?

Beyond that, we'd need a link to a test case showing the issue to be able to debug it.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.