Is it possible to append custom info to pdf?

Is it possible to append custom info to pdf?

nakpnakp Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited June 2011 in TableTools
Hello, is there any posibility to append custom html to the pdf generated? like, insert some informational headers or a paragraph before the table?

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 63,089Questions: 1Answers: 10,388 Site admin
    This parameter should do exactly that: http://datatables.net/extras/tabletools/button_options#sPdfMessage . If I recall correctly it was new in 2.0.1 - so you need to be using the latest version of TableTools.

Allan
  • nakpnakp Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I actually used that but I'm trying to append some nested divs and not only text... Is it possible? I just got a lot of words (including tags)
  • allanallan Posts: 63,089Questions: 1Answers: 10,388 Site admin
    No - remember the PDF isn't HTML so div's don't mean anything to it. You should be able to create paragraphs by putting in new line characters, but that is the limit of the styling that the TableTools integration currently has with the PDF library. If you want more control over text formatting you need to have a look at customising the AS3 code for the SWF that is used. The PDF library currently used is AlivePDF.

Allan
  • altsysetaltsyset Posts: 10Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I hav no idea how to do this, no clue abt AS3 so if anyone fixed this pls help is badly needed
This discussion has been closed.