colReorderWithResize with scrollY. _fnScrollDraw results in columns 'jumping' and loss of resize.

colReorderWithResize with scrollY. _fnScrollDraw results in columns 'jumping' and loss of resize.

morrbomorrbo Posts: 13Questions: 5Answers: 0
edited July 2019 in Free community support

Hi there,

I know this plugin is 3rd party, but unfortunately it's no longer under proper development - which is a shame as it's such a useful tool.

The plugin does work well; however, I'm having problems because, as I use the scrollY option to set a scrollbar, the column widths have to be recalculated after a column resize. This results in _fnAdjustColumnSizing and then _fnScrollDraw being called. Unfortunately, when this is called, it often undoes the resizing completely, or makes the columns jump, etc.

Is there anyway this can be prevented? I.e., I just want the column itself to resize to match the width of the column header th. Not, as it currently appears, to resize to fit the content inside it.

I've made a codepen so you can see the jumping that occurs: https://codepen.io/anon/pen/Pramrw

Thanks for any advice

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,598
    Answer ✓

Hi @morrbo ,

Yep, as you said, it's a third party plugin, so we wouldn't support it as it doesn't align with our priorities. May be try pinging the original author and see if they'd like to come out of retirement and resurrect it.

Cheers,

Colin

This discussion has been closed.