Opening links in Shadowbox.js

Opening links in Shadowbox.js

SuperDuperEthanSuperDuperEthan Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

This may not be the right place to ask, but I am stuck. I recently bought the wpDataTables plugin that is based off DataTables. I was using DataTables before but needed a faster way to implement my data. So I opted for the plugin. I'm here because the support team over at wpDataTables doesn't know how to resolve my issue. I'm hoping someone here can provide a clue.

I have to use Shadowbox.js to open image files on my website. There's no way around that. Nothing else has the features I need. It works perfectly in WordPress and on my HTML websites, but when the links are INSIDE the DataTables table, they do not open in the shadowbox. I've hard coded the JS into my header, I've inserted it in header/footer plugins, I've done everything. Nothing works. I've also experimented with at least 5 other lightbox/shadowbox plugins and all of them work perfectly until the link is inside the DataTables table. Then all images open in the current browser window.

I thought if anyone had run into similar issues here with Shadowbox.js, maybe they could give me some pointers on how to get my links to open in the shadowbox inside DataTables even though it's the WP plugin and I realize it is slightly different.

I'm just at a loss. I have 35,000 images in various galleries and my site cannot function without the features of Shadowbox.js that no other script has. Hoping for some direction, ideas, insights, etc.

I have done a site search to find all topics related to Shadowbox.js but they were all closed, I tried copying and pasting some of the code someone suggested and it didn't work and I don't know JS well enough to know if I did something wrong.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!!

Replies

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,598

Hi @SuperDuperEthan ,

As you said, I suspect this a problem with wpDataTables plugin. If you could link to your page, we can take a look and see if there's anything obvious.

Cheers,

Colin

This discussion has been closed.