NuGet Package Updates

NuGet Package Updates

djkong7djkong7 Posts: 22Questions: 3Answers: 0

I was wondering if you were planning on updating the NuGet package anytime soon? I was hoping to be able to get the latest release (1.10.20 and the latest extensions) instead of the last published 1.10.15.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 63,205Questions: 1Answers: 10,415 Site admin

We don't publish any Nuget packages (with the exception of the Editor server-side component) at the moment. All DataTables.net Nuget packages that are currently available are published by third parties, so you'd need to ask them to update their packages.

Allan

• djkong7djkong7 Posts: 22Questions: 3Answers: 0
    edited October 2019

It took some digging to even figure out that this wasn't published by you. This definitely looks like it came from you.

Is there a possibility of you starting to publish NuGet packages? It looks like it's pretty popular with almost 1.5 million downloads.

Yes I should really get around to it. We publish npm packages for all of our software and should probably do the same for Nuget.

Allan

• djkong7djkong7 Posts: 22Questions: 3Answers: 0

I know I would find it very helpful and many others would too. I think many, like me, believed that the package I shared an image of came from you. So I thought for the last few months that I was using the latest version even though it hasn't been updated since 2017.

I did remove my dependency on this package and manually include the latest versions of DataTables and all the extensions I need. Everything worked well with the new versions and I only had to make a few minor updates. Manually keeping track of the latest version isn't an ideal solution but the best one at the moment.

If/when you do get around to creating a NuGet package, please let me know.

Thank you,
    Dan

I did some research into it last night and it looks like it actually wouldn't be too difficult for us to do. I've put in a request to the owners of the datatables.net Nuget for me to take it over, so allow naming consistency with our npm packages. If that doesn't workout I'll use a different name.

Allan

• richardsg2richardsg2 Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

This would be really useful.

Its on Colin's todo list ;). He's working on some other things first though.

Allan

• iokevinsiokevins Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited February 2020

+1 for this. Looks like you're co-owner now at datatables.net NuGet. :) Can't wait.

This discussion has been closed.