DataTables hidden row details

DataTables hidden row details

Philip HarveyPhilip Harvey Posts: 23Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited July 2011 in General
I'm using DataTables with the DataTables hidden row details function to display a forum,this works well and has done so for a while until someone included an HTML table within the the content... when this was displayed the additional column with the open/shut icon was displayed on the table in the content area.

I can get around that by adding a css class to the users posted table but would rather add a CSS class to the default used by Datatables so I dont have to get my users to worry about it
[code]
/*
* Insert a 'details' column to the table
*/
var nCloneTh = document.createElement( 'th' );
var nCloneTd = document.createElement( 'td' );
nCloneTd.innerHTML = '';
nCloneTd.className = "center";
[/code]
I have been playing around with the 'var NCloneTD' line and the 'nCloneTd.className'line but cant work out the syntax.

Am I missing something obvious ?

Regards
Phil

Replies

• Philip HarveyPhilip Harvey Posts: 23Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi Alan,

I'd really appreciate your comments on this

Many thanks
    Phil
  • Phil HPhil H Posts: 20Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi Allan,

I would really appreciate your comments in this, I'm sure it is an easy fix but I'm struggling to find it using trial and error

Regards
    Phil
  • allanallan Posts: 63,205Questions: 1Answers: 10,415 Site admin
    Hi Phil,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you about this. So basically one of the cells has a table inside it, and the code you are using to insert the "details" show/hide button (which is presumably based on this: http://datatables.net/release-datatables/examples/api/row_details.html ) is inserting the extra column in the "inner" table as well?

I think all that you need to do in this case is to make the jQuery selector that is finding and inserting the cloned nodes a bit more selective. Currently my demo has:

[code]
    $('#example tbody tr').each( function () {
    this.insertBefore( nCloneTd.cloneNode( true ), this.childNodes[0] );
    } );
    [/code]

What I think you will need is:

[code]
    $('#example>tbody>tr').each( function () {
    this.insertBefore( nCloneTd.cloneNode( true ), this.childNodes[0] );
    } );
    [/code]

This just makes sure that only TR elements from the top table's tbody are modified.

Regards,
    Allan
This discussion has been closed.