Any decent datatables library?

Any decent datatables library?

ChristianHunterChristianHunter Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

I had enough of jQuery DataTables. I simply can't stand it's way of getting data from the server and their messy code. Do you guys have any suggestion of a decent datatable library? Specially if it has dependencies handled by bower. And is compatible with Bootstrap!

Answers

• rf1234rf1234 Posts: 2,808Questions: 85Answers: 406
    edited January 2020

I think there are quite a few data table plug ins on the market. When I selected Data Tables I looked at one of those pages comparing them. I was convinced that data tables is the best particularly for complex applications using Bootstrap. That was 3 years ago when I bought an Editor license. I was never interested in Data Tables alone because I believe it only has its full value in combination with Editor.
    ... and in my opinion Data Tables is still the best of them.
    Didn't find any "messy code" either ...

Of course Data Tables may have a downside: Since it is so flexible and has so many features it can become overwhelming. So if you just need to show a simple table with one database table as source you might find something simpler. But who has simple use cases like this? I certainly don't.

• allanallan Posts: 61,726Questions: 1Answers: 10,109 Site admin

Hi Christian,

Sorry to hear that DataTables doesn't suit you. This is your first post here, so I'm not sure which parts of our code you are referring to, or what issues you've had getting data from the server - perhaps you could elaborate so we can try to improve our free open source offerings?

Allan

• David@QuantumDavid@Quantum Posts: 36Questions: 4Answers: 2

offers glass of room temperature water to apply to burn
    Welcome to the datatables community Christian :smile:

• ChristianHunterChristianHunter Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0
    edited January 2020

[Message removed due to spam links]

• colincolin Posts: 15,144Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

Just to say this user account, along with another, are posting spam from the same address - so they've been banned.

Colin

This discussion has been closed.