Column search with regex not working

Column search with regex not working

beanie1337beanie1337 Posts: 3Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hello,

I'm trying to search a column with regex to retrieve columns with checkboxes that isn't checked. The table is rendered with razor in .Net Core.

$('input:checkbox[name="searchCheckbox"]').on('change', function () {
    //build a regex filter string with an or(|) condition
    var itemsNotChecked = $('input:checkbox[name="itemCheckbox"]:not(:checked)').map(function (a) {
        return '^' + this.value + '$';
    }).get().join('|');

//filter in column 4 (hidden column with checkboxes), with an regex, no smart filtering, not case sensitive
    table.column(4).search(positions, true, false, false).draw(false);
});

TitemsNotChecked returns the correct result, in my case it found one row with value: False

<td>
       <input name="itemCheckbox" type="checkbox" value="False" id="item_itemCheckbox">
       <input name="item.itemCheckbox" type="hidden" value="false">
  </td>

The checked ones looks like this:

<td>
       <input name="itemCheckbox" type="checkbox" value="True" checked="checked" data-val="true" data-val-required="The itemCheckbox field is required." id="item_itemCheckbox">
       <input name="item.itemCheckbox" type="hidden" value="false">
 </td>

When I'm executing the search on table.column(1).search() it doesn't return anything, or nothing is visible in the table atleast, every row is filtered out.

The regex looks like this: "^False$"

What is the .seach() searching for? And why is nothing found?

I've tried using this instead of .map() for every available column (which in my case is unesseccary):

if ($('input:checkbox[name="searchCheckbox"]').is(':checked')) {
        positions = "^((?!checked).)"; // Exclude every row that has this value in the column
    }
    else {
        positions = "";
    }

But this returns the same result..

Answers

• beanie1337beanie1337 Posts: 3Questions: 2Answers: 0

I solved it by adding a hidden label with the vlaue and then I was able to search.

This discussion has been closed.