Postgres SQLSTATE[42601] syntax error in queries

Postgres SQLSTATE[42601] syntax error in queries

DNSinSCDNSinSC Posts: 19Questions: 3Answers: 0

Hello all. I really enjoy data tables, and figured it would be great to upgrade to Editor, but after several hours, I have yet to get it to work. It is like swimming in mud, and seems utterly confusing to get started with, no logs, no errors, just doesn't display any data. I could not get it to run on our server. After the first download failed, I found the code generator and entered the exact table information for our server, downloaded a custom package to extract and run, edited the DB info, and those scripts will not run either. It complains about SQLSTATE[42601] syntax error in the query, but I used the code generator to create the fields and files and changed nothing except the DB strings. The server is Debian 10, PHP 7.3, Postgres 11. Anyone using editor on such a system?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• DNSinSCDNSinSC Posts: 19Questions: 3Answers: 0

**Editor: ** Great looking demos! But they don't work for me, and there seems to be no support. From what I can gather, there is a syntax bug with Debian 10 / Postgresql 11. When you email support, they tell you to post on the forum. /sigh.

Has anyone tried the alt editor on git hub? It seems to be a lighter package with the benefit of being open source. I guess I will give that a shot. Thanks everyone! Great looking software. Keep up the good work and I'll check it out again in the future.

• allanallan Posts: 61,759Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

Hi,

Thanks for your messages and apologies for the delay in getting back to you over the weekend. Generally speaking we prefer questions in the forum so there is a public corpus of knowledge about our software that can be easily searched if anyone else is having a similar issue.

I actually replied to an e-mail from you just a few minutes ago, but for completeness here, could you show me a screenshot of how you had configured Generator, so I can replicate the issue and resolve it please?

Thanks,
    Allan

Thank you for your reply. I was pleasantly surprised to see an email from you, and glad to see that you care about Editor. Here is a screen shot of the generator page I used and the error message it gives.

• allanallan Posts: 61,759Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Perfect - thank you very much for the screenshot! Took me stright to the issue - I was incorrectly (i.e. not!) escaping keywords in the PHP / Postgres combination. I've committed a fix (unit tests running at the moment).

If you tweak the file in php/lib/Database/Driver/PostgresQuery.php with that change, it should start working for you as well.

This change will be in the 1.9.3 release which I plan for the end of the month.

glad to see that you care about Editor

Darn right we do :). It's the corner stone of our company. There is much still to do with it, no question, but what software isn't like that...

Regards,
    Allan

Thank you so much Allan. The fix works. I edited the file, added the changes, and the page displayed right away without changing anything else, so that was certainly the issue. I am looking forward to working with Editor and learning more about customizing it. Thank you again.

This discussion has been closed.