500 Server error when attempting to download files

500 Server error when attempting to download files

smccsmcc Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0

We've recently purchased the Datatables Editor extension however, when we attempt to download the files whilst logged into our account we keep seeing a 500 server error. Can this please be looked into so that we can download the files?

Also regarding the login process, there also seems to be an AJAX error occurring when attempting to log in anywhere on the website via the Sign in / Register modal. The only place we were able to successfully login is the forum area.

Answers

• phikuphiku Posts: 8Questions: 2Answers: 0

Same issue here.
    Tried a couple of ways and downloading datatables and some plugins is fine, but editor ends up in a 500 Error.
    Same to the builder download as well as the normal download page for editor with PHP, JS or whatever.
    Please fix this.

• allanallan Posts: 63,213Questions: 1Answers: 10,415 Site admin

It appears to be something to do with certain IP addresses - but it isn't clear why that would be the case! Could you possibly try it from another browser please? And also could you let me know what browser you are using, and if possible if you are using an IPv4 or IPv6 WAN connection?

Thanks,
    Allan

edited June 2020

Hi allan, thanks for you reply.
    I tried it in my case with safari and chrome with normal and private sessions from two different networks - different combinations in the build worked - only when editor is included I get that 500 error.
    I bought a license and I was logged in.

But I experienced some login problems with some browsers as well - while I am sure, that the Credentials are right.
    On OS X it worked without a problem logging in. On Windows with chromium I get a systemerror - even though I use the same credentials.
    On Windows with edge it takes just endless.

I did a password reset some days ago - so I am quite sure, the credentials are right.

When I managed the login - the downloads fails - as soon as I add the editor to it.
    So e.g. this delivers a 500 https://editor.datatables.net/download/download?type=php
    And e.g. this via builder: https://datatables.net/download/builder?dt/dt-1.10.21/e-1.9.4 results in a 500 as well. removing e-1.9.4 path component it succeeds.
    if I am not logged in I get a good error message "Error: To download Editor, you must be logged in" what makes sense. Just in case of being logged in and trying to download editor wherever...

Thanks,
    Philip

• allanallan Posts: 63,213Questions: 1Answers: 10,415 Site admin

Hi Philip,

Fantastic - thanks for the information. We have it fixed now - could you try it again now please?

Thanks,
    Allan

Hi Allan,

I can confirm it is working now.
    I tried different browsers and macOS and Windows as well - worked on all systems now as expected.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.