HTML5 Excel Export gives k[l].trim is not a function

HTML5 Excel Export gives k[l].trim is not a function

GaryParrGaryParr Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Can someone tell me why Excel export works just fine in this example with buttons 1.4.1....

http://live.datatables.net/yujiruze/1/edit?html,js,output

But the Excel export fails keeping everything the same but switching to buttons 1.4.6....

http://live.datatables.net/vutuxeko/1/edit?html,js,output

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,142Questions: 1Answers: 2,586
    edited September 2020 Answer ✓

Yep, apologies for that. That was reported last week here (DD-1670 internally for my reference). It's been fixed and is available in the nightly builds - see your example updated here - and we're expecting to release that change next week. In the meantime, you can either use the old version of Buttons, or use the nightly builds,

Colin

• GaryParrGaryParr Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Many thanks Colin! Apparently my google-foo is weak as I had gone looking for an answer before posting and didn't find anything. I was convinced there was something malformed in my configuration that the newer version was just more sensitive to. I'll pull the nightly for now and be on the lookout for that release.

• puffsterpuffster Posts: 61Questions: 22Answers: 0

Colin!!

I have a quick question...I'm having the same issue. I use the download builder to merge all the files into a single file, and looking at the script it appears to have Buttons 1.6.4 included in it. I just downloaded the latest and it is the same version for Buttons, so has the newer release not been pushed out yet?

• colincolin Posts: 15,142Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

No, we're hoping for a release of Buttons today (it'll be 1.6.5) - apologies for the delay.

Colin

• allanallan Posts: 61,665Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin

That's it tagged up and released now. It is available on the download builder or directly on the CDN.

Allan

• puffsterpuffster Posts: 61Questions: 22Answers: 0

Downloaded and tested...that fixed the issue!! Thanks for letting me know it was available!!

• mmccloskeymmccloskey Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited November 2020

Just to let you guys know, the CDN is still displaying 1.6.4 for the buttons. Thank you for the fix on this by the way.

• allanallan Posts: 61,665Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin

Apologies for that - the download builder is correct, but I need to redeploy the site. We are making a few changes at the moment, so it will be next week before I push that out. But it will be fixed (probably along with Buttons 1.6.6...).

Allan

This discussion has been closed.