Highchart price

Highchart price

LapointeLapointe Posts: 430Questions: 81Answers: 4

Hi
I just go to highchart site and see licence price is 535$...
Does anybody know a more basic free library allowing some charts drawing ?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,173Questions: 26Answers: 4,923
    Answer ✓

I've used chart.js. Whether its considered basic or not is subjective :smile: ITs open source according to its license.

Kevin

• LapointeLapointe Posts: 430Questions: 81Answers: 4

:) B)
    Thanks Kevin. Everything is subjective...

• allanallan Posts: 63,214Questions: 1Answers: 10,415 Site admin

I added a comment to your own on the blog post, which I'll repost here for completeness:

Yes, it is an excellent library, but does come at a cost (it can be used, as it is here, for free with an attribution link). There are also loads of open source libraries available such as Chart JS and many others which powered by D3.

The point of this article wasn't really to show how to use HighCharts, but rather how information can be obtained from a DataTable to show in a charting library of your choice. If there is enough interest we can do another post using another library.

Allan

• bfarkasbfarkas Posts: 181Questions: 48Answers: 0

Kevin - Do you have an example of a chat.js using data form a datatble you would be willing to share?

The charts I built aren't based on the table data like in the blog being referred to. They are built from ajax data. The code I have isn't easily shareable.

You should be able to use the examples in the blog to handle the Datatables part then adjust the chart portion to use charts.js. Is there something specific you need help with?

Kevin

I was trying to convert the example from the blog post. Seemed to work except I think the dataset is in the wrong format for chart.js so that’s what I was looking for some guidance on.

Can you provide a test case showing what you are trying to do?

Kevin

Yeah, away right now, will put one together when back at my desk.

This discussion has been closed.