Copy button of Datatable doesn't work in IE !

Copy button of Datatable doesn't work in IE !

santosh_nagarajusantosh_nagaraju Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi,

My project was using Tabletools and after adobe flash was discontinued, the export buttons of tabletools were not working. Also, I observed that Tabletools have also retired. As of now, I have upgraded to Buttons instead to table tools and incorporated all the changes so that it works properly with Buttons.

However, I see that Copy Button copies the data from firefox and not in IE. I tried to keep nightly versions of js and associated css too and still don't see Copy button is working. The problem is with IE only. I have datatables 1.10.23 and buttons 1.6.5.

Can you please assist on this ?

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,599

Could you see whether it works or not on our examples, please - as that'll determine where the problem lies.

Colin

• santosh_nagarajusantosh_nagaraju Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

@colin - I have tried this example opening in IE and copy button doesn't work. I tried to hit copy button. A dialog box pops up "Copied to Clipboard" and if i try to paste in excel / notepad, it doesn't paste. there is nothing to paste. Works well in Edge but not in IE (Windows 10). Can you please recheck in IE Windows 10 and confirm ?

@allan - Your thoughts on this please ?

edited January 2021

I just tried that link I posted and it's working for me. Clicking on the Copy button, gave a message asking if I wanted to give that webpage access to my clipboard, pressing "Allow access" then gave the message that 57 rows were copied - which then pasted successfully into Notepad.

This is on Windows 10 with all the latest updates.

Have you disabled access to your clipboard perhaps? If still no joy, we're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

Hi Colin,

Firstly, many thanks for the prompt response. I tried it on my personal laptop and it works fine. However, when I try on my official laptop, it doesn't work. Neither the official example nor my application. Also, it doesn't prompt to give webpage access neither in my personal laptop nor official laptop. lt show's a dialog box "Copy to Clipboard. Copied XXX rows" but there is no content in official laptop to paste, but works fine in personal. CSV, excel and Print buttons work normally on both personal and official laptop. Any suggestions please ?

Appreciate your support. Thanks in advance !

It's likely to be something in the browser's settings. It would be comparing the two side-by-side for any differences,

Colin

This discussion has been closed.