I have purchase datable license but editor doesn't come with it as extension?

I have purchase datable license but editor doesn't come with it as extension?

CSMAtrackerCSMAtracker Posts: 9Questions: 4Answers: 0

I was under the assumption that I'd gain access to data table extension (editor) once I purchase the datable per advertised on the purchase website. however I notice it's not. can you please clarify if I need to purchase it separately? if so I wouldn't be keen and best to cancel as the site language was misleading about access to extensions.

Answers

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,342Questions: 35Answers: 394
    edited October 2021

You may have misread the "Purchase" page. There is no cost involved in using DataTables. You may have purchased a Supporter package for DT.
    The Editor is a separate issue. See the specific Editor pages for details.

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,141Questions: 26Answers: 4,736

The Installation docs described the different options you have to install the Editor package. Also look at the Editor license page.

Do these options not work for you?

Kevin

• CSMAtrackerCSMAtracker Posts: 9Questions: 4Answers: 0

Sorry for confusion. this is the license I purchased, I do see editor in there. You can confirm if this is license to editor

I had installed the editor trial version and worked with it to develop my codes. When trial is expired I purchased this license to continue but not sure how to apply the license, the JS still errors out that trial is expired and it also complains that the editor constructor is not defied.

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,141Questions: 26Answers: 4,736

Take a look at the FAQ section of the purchase page. It explains that you need to replace the trial Editor files with the version you download after purchase:

Q. What happens after purchase?
    A. You will be able to download the fully licensed Editor software from the download page. Only two files need to be updated from the trial, so if you have been using the trial to start your development you'll be able to continue with that work immediately. Additionally you'll receive an e-mail with the invoice for your purchase.

Doing this will remove the trial expiration.

Kevin

• allanallan Posts: 61,439Questions: 1Answers: 10,053 Site admin

Hi,

Just to add a little to this (as the lead developer for DataTables and Editor) - you should have received an e-mail after the purchase with a copy of the invoice and details on how to install the licensed version - did that come through to you? Possibly to spam?

The full details on how to update to the licensed version of Editor are available here.

Regards,
    Allan

I did. and thank you for your reply. I'm all set now.