Has anyone moved the creation of Datatables into a SharePoint Web part?

Has anyone moved the creation of Datatables into a SharePoint Web part?

LenfantLenfant Posts: 12Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hi,

I've looking at moving the whole Javascript which generates a nicely displayed Datatable from a SharePoint list into a Web part. Is this possible? Has anyone got any examples on how to do this please?

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

I'm afraid you are going to have to give us more information about what you are looking for here. Can you generate a plain HTML table, or get a JSON feed from your SharePoint list? If so, you could run DataTables on that.

Allan

• LenfantLenfant Posts: 12Questions: 2Answers: 0

Sorry, let me rephrase my question. I have developed a SharePoint page which calls a javascript program. This javascript collects data from a SharePoint List and displays the data using the DataTables features. This works quite nicely without any issues. However I would now like to package the javascript as a Web Part and configure the SharePoint page to use the Web Part rather than calling the Javascript directly.

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

I'm afraid you'll need to ask on a SharePoint specific support group, or perhaps Stackoverflow. I haven't used SharePoint enough myself to actually even know what a "Web Part" is - sorry!

Allan