How can I update my single developer license from an old website to a new one?

How can I update my single developer license from an old website to a new one?

Andrew_whiteAndrew_white Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0

I have an old golf society website for friends (www.condorgolf.co.za) that has been discontinued for a few years now. I would like to get my new site going again but it will have a new URL now as my previous one has been taken and is currently being used. Please could I request that my license be updated so that I can continue to use the datatables for my new website?

Any assistance in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Andrew White

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

DataTables is open-source, so isn't licensed, meaning it can be used anywhere. With Editor, that is licensed, but it is licensed to the developer(s), so you can use it on any number of web-sites, so again that won't be an issue for you.

Colin

• Andrew_whiteAndrew_white Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0

I am getting an error when trying to update a record on the Database?

Warning: define(): Argument #3 ($case_insensitive) is ignored since declaration of case-insensitive constants is no longer supported in C:\apps\xampp\htdocs\golfadmin\admin\datatables\php\DataTables.php on line 13
    {"data":[{"DT_RowId":"row_2222","Id":2222,"leagueName":"234","fromDate":"2022-02-04","toDate":"2022-02-04"}]}

Also when loading the table view on a DB table I get the following error:
    DataTables warning: table id=leagues - Invalid JSON response. For more information about this error, please see http://datatables.net/tn/1

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,342Questions: 35Answers: 394

Your first question is a PHP errorx, arising from version 8.0.
    This suggests that your version of Datatables is rather old. Try upgrading.

For your second question, you are expected to follow the diagnostic steps in the link provided.