[Possible Bug] Buttons Basic Initialisation breaks with jquery 3.6.2

[Possible Bug] Buttons Basic Initialisation breaks with jquery 3.6.2

semic0lonsemic0lon Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello,
when copying the exact codes and library files of "Buttons" → "Examples" → "Basic Initialisation" for the implementation of buttons of PDF / CSV etc., jquery version 3.5.1 is still used.
However, when updating it to anything above 3.6...+, such as to the newest version 3.6.2, every javascript functionality dissapears and there is only the plain HTML table shown. I tried this by simply copying the provided codes and links to jsfiddles, codeply etc. and swapping out the jquery link to a newer version.

The console of jsfiddle gives me the following error:
jQuery.Deferred exception: $(...).DataTable is not a function", "TypeError: $(...).DataTable is not a function at HTMLDocument.<anonymous>

As I have not added or customized any other functionalities, I assume that this could be a bug.

Answers

• semic0lonsemic0lon Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Edit: I tried it old style local and also on live.datatables.net and there seems to be no problem. So it might be nothing related to datatables, sorry!

• allanallan Posts: 63,161Questions: 1Answers: 10,406 Site admin

If you can give me a link tot a page showing the issue I'll take a look at it.

At a guess, I'd think that you might be loading jQuery twice on the page. The way jQuery works is that if you load it a second time from another file, it will wipe out any previous instance of it, including all plugins.

Allan