Can't get ToolTables to display

Can't get ToolTables to display

earacheflearachefl Posts: 11Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited November 2011 in General
Dunno what I'm doing wrong here. I have DataTables in the directory:

MainFolder/common/js/DataTable-1.8.2/jquery.dataTables.min.js

and am including it like so:

[code][/code]

I've downloaded the latest version of TableTools and have tried putting it in various places inside the DataTable-1.8.2 directory:

MainFolder/common/js/DataTable-1.8.2/TableTools-2.0.1
MainFolder/common/js/DataTable-1.8.2/Extras/TableTools-2.0.1
MainFolder/common/js/DataTable-1.8.2/media/(all files included in media/)

I'm initializing my tables like so (after Ajax calls):

[code]$('#grid-container').dataTable({
'aaData': response.AADATA,
"aoColumns": aoColumns,
"bJQueryUI": true,
"bDestroy": true,
"iDisplayLength": 20,
"sDom": '<"H"lTfr>t<"F"ip>'
});
[/code]

I have also tried setting the sSwfPath parameter using
[code]"oTableTools": {
"sSwfPath": "Extras/TableTools-2.0.1/media/swf/copy_cvs_xls_pdf.swf" //and many other permutations, including relative to the Main Folder root
}[/code]

I have also tried disabling the bjQueryUI parameter and using the regular sDom default settings, as well as placing the "T" marker in different places in the sDom string.

I simply can't get TableTools to display in any browser. Flash Player 11.1.102.55 is installed. Console shows no errors.

Replies

• dnagirldnagirl Posts: 36Questions: 2Answers: 0
    2 things to check:

1. if you use the absolute path (starts with /) to TableTools, does it work?
    2. are the file and directory permissions correct? Assuming a *nix setup, they'll need to be 0644 or 0755.

If you use Firefox browser, get the Firebug plugin. Then you can load your test page and see where the browser is looking for TableTools. You can also edit this path without re-loading until you get one that works.
  • earacheflearachefl Posts: 11Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Question: by default, where does DataTables want to see TableTools so that one doesn't need to set the sSwfPath parameter?
  • earacheflearachefl Posts: 11Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Did I miss the part in the instructions where they mention that one needs to include the TableTools.js file separately?
This discussion has been closed.