Is it possible to export a cloudtable to an excel file located on a google workspace drive?

Is it possible to export a cloudtable to an excel file located on a google workspace drive?

pmarks906dpmarks906d Posts: 61Questions: 18Answers: 0

Hi. I have a google workspace associated with my squarepace website. The google workspace includes a "Drive" where I can store files. I have some embedded cloudtables also on that squarespace website. I believe I can use the cloudtables buttons extension to export my cloudtables to excel files onto the local machine from which I am accessing my website. I would like to be able to export the excel files onto my google drive instead of onto the local machine. Then no matter which laptop or mobile phone I am accessing my website from, I could always export my cloudtables to excel files located on the same google workspace drive. If this can be done, I will use the capability to back up my cloudtables to the excel files in case something happens to the data in my cloud tables. Then if I accidently delete the wrong rows, I will still have the information from which I can recover lost data. Thanks.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 62,990Questions: 1Answers: 10,367 Site admin
    Answer ✓

The download action for the export files will typically just save the file to your "Downloads" folder on your computer. That exact behaviour is browser specific, I have seen some ask where the file should be saved, in which case you could use the normal fail browser to put them where you want, but recently I think they all just save to Downloads. I don't believe that is something that we can control in the export file button. Once the download is done you could then move the file to Google Drive if you wished.

Allan