Including JQuery 1 triggered a virus warning

Including JQuery 1 triggered a virus warning

DGrunerDGruner Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0

I am looking into adding Datatables to an old web app while we are in the process of rewriting it to current technology.
FYI, I selected JQuery 1 to be included in my download and it triggered a virus warning from my anti-virus software. The zip file was immediately removed from my machine. You may want to take a look at your JQuery 1 file.
Since I am already running JQuery, I realized I did not need to include it in the download, so I removed it from the package, and the downloaded package did not cause any issues.
Thanks,
David

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,810Questions: 1Answers: 10,122 Site admin

Hi David,

Could you show me the exact options you selected please? I've just checked a download with both the min and non-min files against the jQuery files served by their own CDN and there is no difference.

Also, what is the scanner you are using and did it say what virus was found? I had a report yesterday saying that "Trojan:Script/Wacatc.H!ml" was being flagged, but there doesn't appear to any anything in the files that I can see that wouldn't be expected.

Thanks,
    Allan

• allanallan Posts: 61,810Questions: 1Answers: 10,122 Site admin

I've just tried uploading a download zip of jQuery 1 and DataTables, with DataTables styling to Virus total.

It reports the file as clean.

Allan