Export buttons with SearchPanes, Scroller and ServerSide data

Export buttons with SearchPanes, Scroller and ServerSide data

tacman1123tacman1123 Posts: 198Questions: 46Answers: 1

I'd like to export the data in a particular view, with data loaded from Ajax via SearchPanes filter (and the rest of the filter sets).

I'm hoping that if the data is all in memory (which is a bit tricky to calculate because Scroller fetches a number of rows based on a formula, but let's suppose for the moment that it fits. Will the export to csv work?

If it doesn't fit in memory, I'm not quite sure how to handle it. My thought is to use the same URL that I use to load the ajax and dispatch an event somewhere that creating the report using that data. That seems like a lot of work, so the alternative might be to restrict reports to small enough to fit in the scroller.

I'm looking for some guidance. The Export buttons don't talk about serverSide data.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• tacman1123tacman1123 Posts: 198Questions: 46Answers: 1

I see that indeed it will export the current page (https://datatables.net/forums/discussion/77418/server-side-processing-export-all-rows)

that's enough of a start, I think I know how to get the filter and request the entire dataset.

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,188Questions: 26Answers: 4,925
    Answer ✓

If you have server side processing enabled then fetching all the data for export seems to negate the use of server side processing. This FAQ suggests using a server side export library and links to a plugin that can be used to send parameters allowing for current order and search parameters to be sent to the server.

Kevin