DataTables browser back button history support

DataTables browser back button history support

ninerniner Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited February 2012 in General
I'm currently using jqGrid and found that the browser back button isn't supported, and I have to do extra to get that working. Does DataTables have any support to retain the history when the user presses the back button?

Imagine the scenario where data is displayed in DataTables, and the user is on page #2. The user then goes to another site like google.com, then presses the back button. It's expected that the user still sees the same data that was presented on the page at page #2. Does DataTables support that? Or do I have to plug in one of those history plugin's?

thanks.

Replies

• michandrzmichandrz Posts: 12Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited February 2012
    Most people try to get around data caching (creates incorrect data issues). If you want to implement this I recommend pushing it back to your data source. I.E. an SQL server transmitting a database revision number. My reasoning for this is client systems are a huge question mark. They can be anything and cache everything (why most developers will make ajax calls append a timestamp or random value to the end of the file names)
  • beginner_beginner_ Posts: 55Questions: 2Answers: 0
    edited February 2012
    look at the option bStateSave . It does what you seem to request.

However what it does not do is to have the back button work with paging within datatables.
This discussion has been closed.