Asp.net core editor support

Asp.net core editor support

ajataruajataru Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi all,

I'm starting with a new project in Asp.net Core. Is Editor supported with this version of Asp.net?.

Thanks in advance

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,274Questions: 1Answers: 10,424 Site admin

I'm sorry to say not. The DataTables.dll that Editor ships with uses DbProviderFactory to provide its database abstraction, which is not yet in .NET Core. It looks like they are planning it for 1.2.

It also uses the System.Data.DataTable class which is also not included in .NET Core yet. This is the bug tracker for that issue, and it doesn't have a milestone yet.

I can probably workaround the second one, but the first is critical.

Regards,
    Allan

• ajataruajataru Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thank you for your answer Allan. It's probably to soon to start with a real project with Asp.net Core ...

Its got a lot going for it, and I'm really excited to see how it evolves as a cross platform environment. I'm going to be a happy boy when I get Editor running on macOS with .NET Core!

Allan

• monaaa1987monaaa1987 Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0

Do you plan to support .Net Core anytime soon? Is there any workaround?

Editor's .NET libraries use DbProvider for its database abstraction layer. That in turn uses Microsoft's DataTable class (not related to this site at all!). Neither of those two constructs are currently available in .NET Core. Having read through the github tickets on the issue, there is some hope that they might be in .NET Core 1.2, but its not yet clear as far as I am aware.

So soon as they are available I'll be adding support for .NET Core.

Allan

• monaaa1987monaaa1987 Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0

It makes sense.
    Thank you, Allan for your quick response

This discussion has been closed.