Feature request for exporting all data

Feature request for exporting all data

siddharthsoganisiddharthsogani Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hi, I would request authors of datatables to add an extra export button in server side processing of exporting all data at once. This is because when working with large data the system times out when I select all option in pagination dropdown.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 63,161Questions: 1Answers: 10,406 Site admin

In server-side processing mode it is really the responsibility of the server-side to export the data since that is where all the data is. The performance for downloading millions of rows and then packaging them up on the client-side into an XLSX or PDF would be terrible!

You would be far better creating the file on the server-side and having a button to download it.

Allan

• siddharthsoganisiddharthsogani Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0

Actually I am requesting you to give us a button along with options which does what you say in paragraph2, instead of we writing server side code. Otherwise datatables is of no use to me when it comes to analysis and sending data to clients.

• allanallan Posts: 63,161Questions: 1Answers: 10,406 Site admin

The documentation details how to create custom buttons. I'm afraid that I don't really publish server-side code in the core DataTables project (with the exception of the SSP PHP class which is used for demos) as I prefer to focus DataTables core on the client-side.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.