Columns disappeared on iMac, help..

Columns disappeared on iMac, help..

bjlapbjlap Posts: 29Questions: 11Answers: 1
edited January 2017 in Free community support

Hi,
I use DataTables and Editor to display and edit data in a time management system.
A problem came up: on iMac computers, some columns are hidden.
This happens on an iMac with Chrome. If I try this with FireFox on the same iMac, the columns appear but there is no data.
In Chrome in inspect mode I don't see any script errors.. How can this be fixed?
Let me know,
Bert-Jan

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,252Questions: 1Answers: 10,420 Site admin

Thanks for your question - however, per the forum rules can you link to a test case showing the issue please. This will allow the issue to be debugged.

Information on how to create a test page, if you can't provide a link to your own page can be found here.

Thanks,
    Allan

• bjlapbjlap Posts: 29Questions: 11Answers: 1
    edited January 2017

Of course. This is a link to the page that has the DataTabe and Editor: https://projecthours.net/Account/DemoLogin

On an iMac, only the first three columns (Date, Project, Activity) are shown. On other devices, 4 more columns are shown (Hours, Minutes, Traveltime, Comments).

I hope this helps troubleshooting the issue.
    Bert-Jan

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,186Questions: 26Answers: 4,925

FYI... I tried the link on an iMac, Mac Pro and MacBook Pro with Chrome and did not have issues with displaying all the columns. Sorry I don't have any ideas of why it would be a problem on other Macs.

Kevin

Thanks for trying. A customer has the issue on her iMac. I can reproduce it on a macincloud instance. If you or anyone else would like to check the issue, drop an email to info@projecthours.net and I will send you a link and credentials so you can see the problem on my macincloud imac. Eventually we will have to get this sorted out, somehow..
    Bert-Jan

Answer ✓

You've got an old version of Responsive on the page. The first thing to do would be to update that and DataTables to the late versions. Likewise Buttons is quite old.

What is the width of your browser when you can see the issue?

Allan

Thanks, the issue appears regardless of the width of the browser.. I will update the components and check if this resolves the issue.

edited January 2017

Updating datatables, editor, responsive, buttons and select fixed the issue.

Answer ✓

Good to hear, thanks for posting back. Always worth trying out the latest versions :smile:.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.