Drop down list

Drop down list

herculeshercules Posts: 21Questions: 9Answers: 0
edited May 2017 in Free community support

I want to query the database for distinct values to populate my fields on my form with. Any examples? Thanks !

Replies

• bindridbindrid Posts: 730Questions: 0Answers: 119

I think you need to give us a little more information on what you are trying accomplish. Are you trying set up a series of datatables that's contents are determined by select boxes?

• herculeshercules Posts: 21Questions: 9Answers: 0
    edited May 2017

Thanks for your reply. I am trying to give the end user a dropdownlist, inline or on the forms when they edit an existing record or add a new record. But I have to be able to populate these dropdown lists with data from the respective fields from a sql server table.I may be wrong how jquery does this, but in asp.net using the controls I query this data from a table or datasource to populate a dropdownlist. I don't know, maybe jquery provides another way to accomplish this. Thank You for your help.

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,174Questions: 26Answers: 4,923

Using the Editor you can provide a list of options for the desired columns in the JSON response from the server:
    https://editor.datatables.net/manual/server#DataTables-parameters

Kevin

Thank You !!! But you still haven't told me how the back end works

• bindridbindrid Posts: 730Questions: 0Answers: 119

We have no idea what your back end is or database (php? Java, .net? MySQL? Microsoft SQL Server). This might be the wrong place to look for answers like that.

Microsoft Sql Server.

This discussion has been closed.