incorrect syntax near 'offset'. invalid usage of the option first in the fetch statement

incorrect syntax near 'offset'. invalid usage of the option first in the fetch statement

azonekz@gmail.comazonekz@gmail.com Posts: 32Questions: 9Answers: 1

Hi!
I use "serverSide": true, and my Sql server version is 2008.
I got an error: incorrect syntax near 'offset'. invalid usage of the option first in the fetch statement.
Have you solution to use Data tables with Sql server 2008?
Thanks

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,635Questions: 1Answers: 10,092 Site admin

What libraries are you using for the server-side processing? LIMIT and OFFSET were introduced in SQL Server 2012 I think, so you would need to either update the database version or change whatever server-side script you are using to use the old style SQL.

Allan

• viraln25viraln25 Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

I am having this same issue and I am using it with ASP.Net MVC application. Unfortunately, I can not upgrade SQL Server since it is not in my control. Is there anyway to make this work?

Many thanks!
    Viral

• allanallan Posts: 61,635Questions: 1Answers: 10,092 Site admin

This is something we've just discussed by e-mail, but no, without modifying the Editor libraries it isn't possible. What is possible is to use a separate server-side processing script for the data fetch that is implemented to work without the LIMIT / FETCH NEXT of SQL Server 2012+.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.