Need entire row as editable in table itsellf on edit button click of that particular row.

Need entire row as editable in table itsellf on edit button click of that particular row.

DataTablesTestUserDataTablesTestUser Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

I have tried to create a table using JQuery Datatable which contains an Edit button for each row.On clicking edit button I need to make the entire row editable in the table itself and I do not want to perform edit using modal pop up provided by DataTable Editor.I'm loading contents using Ajax call.Is it possible to customize the Editor methods to make the entire row editable in table itself?I need entire table row edit as shown in the attached image.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• bindridbindrid Posts: 730Questions: 0Answers: 119

Play with this http://jsbin.com/yafuvah/37/edit?html,css,js,output Its a fully editable table with add, edit and delete rows.

• DataTablesTestUserDataTablesTestUser Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thank you.But in the given example I can edit one row and after that the selection remains and cannot edit any other rows.Is it possible to customize the editor itself for doing this instead of using html, css and JS?

• bindridbindrid Posts: 730Questions: 0Answers: 119

I don't have access to the Editor yet (my company moves slower than molasses ) so I came up with that as a temporary solution. It configured to let you edit any row and more that one row. However, it only lets you put one row at a time in edit mode.

That is something that can be easily changed if needed.

• allanallan Posts: 63,160Questions: 1Answers: 10,406 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Editor doesn't yet have this ability I'm afraid. Its inline editing is currently limited to a single field at a time.

Multiple field editing is something that will be added in future, but I don't have a time frame for that yet I'm afraid.

Allan

• DataTablesTestUserDataTablesTestUser Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thank You Allan.Inline editing for multiple fields is an important thing which needs to be implemented very soon.

This discussion has been closed.