Bugs with IE9

Bugs with IE9

ianbrunetianbrunet Posts: 14Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hi!

Problem 1

When I test datatables in my Web application with IE9. There are only Copy and Print exports available.
When I test it on Firefox 45, all exports are appear namely Copy, Excel, CSV, PDF and Print.
It seems to have a bug with Internet Explorer 9.

Problem 2

Sometimes (not everytime), datatables are blocked on the loading state. By clicking on Next, it "debugs" it and the data appear in the datatables.

How to debug it?

Thank you in advance for your response.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,160Questions: 1Answers: 10,406 Site admin

It seems to have a bug with Internet Explorer 9.

Not a bug, but rather a limitation of a legacy browser. It doesn't support what is required to create the Excel and PDF files locally. This is noted in the documentation for the excelHtml5 and pdfHtml5 button types.

Sometimes (not everytime), datatables are blocked on the loading state. By clicking on Next, it "debugs" it and the data appear in the datatables.

I'm afraid I don't recall having seen that issue before. I would need a link to a test case showing the issue. Does it happen in anything other than IE9?

Allan

• ianbrunetianbrunet Posts: 14Questions: 2Answers: 0
    edited June 2017

Hi Allan!

I am using:

• Editor-PHP-1.6.1
    • Internet Explorer 9.0.8112 / Update version: 9.0.45 (KB3104002)
    • Symfony 2.8

I uploaded the PHP and HTML/TWIG file.

It works perfectly on Firefox 45.9.0

Thank you in advance for your support.

• allanallan Posts: 63,160Questions: 1Answers: 10,406 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Are you able to give me a link to the page so I can check it out directly please? Its likely an issue in the browser, so I would need to be able to see the page to be able to debug it.

Thanks,
    Allan

• ianbrunetianbrunet Posts: 14Questions: 2Answers: 0

I am really sorry but the code is stored in the intranet of my company and the content is restricted. We have decided to use Firefox instead of IE9. I think it comes from the browser of my company. IE seems to have been modified by the R&D department. Maybe it could explain this bug.

This discussion has been closed.