Excel button flashes white with puzzle piece in Chrome

Excel button flashes white with puzzle piece in Chrome

RobinSRobinS Posts: 11Questions: 4Answers: 1

Hi All - I'm hoping someone has encountered this and knows what the problem is, it happens very quickly and is gone. I am using datatables on a dark background, and when I first visit it, the excel button (only excel, I use other buttons and they don't do this) turns white temporarily with a gray jigsaw puzzle piece. It's a big contrast with the dark background is why I'm worried about it. This happens on both PC and Mac.

If anyone could point me in the direction of what's causing it that would be appreciated!

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,234Questions: 1Answers: 10,417 Site admin

Are you using the Flash buttons of the HTML5 ones? I suspect you are using the Flash buttons and what you are seeing is the plug-in initialise. If you can, I'd suggest using the HTML5 buttons.

Allan

• RobinSRobinS Posts: 11Questions: 4Answers: 1

Hmm. I'm just using 'excel'. If I switch to 'excelHtml5' then it doesn't show up in chrome, which is strange since pdfHtml5 works just fine.

• HPBHPB Posts: 73Questions: 2Answers: 18
    Answer ✓

Do you have jzip referenced on your page?
    excelHtml5 requires jzip to bundle the files it creates.

Quote from the simple example:

excelHtml5 - Save to XLSX file - requires JSZip

• RobinSRobinS Posts: 11Questions: 4Answers: 1

Unfortunately that didn't work either, I tried installing it via npm and explicitly imported.
    That could very well be the problem though. I'm using this in an angular 4 app that has a junk drawer full of external libraries so who knows what else could be interfering!
    Thanks for your help though.

• allanallan Posts: 63,234Questions: 1Answers: 10,417 Site admin

If you have a link to the page I'm happy to take a look and see what might be missing if there is anything like that.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.