dataTable Export to excel is not working with the dataTable version 1.10.5

dataTable Export to excel is not working with the dataTable version 1.10.5

asha1905asha1905 Posts: 7Questions: 1Answers: 0

First of all, i am using datatable version 1.10.5 and I am trying to use the dataTable export to excel options available in dataTable forum, but its not working in my case. The html5 export to excel buttons will work with the datatable version 1.10.9 and above . Need clarification on that and also is there some other way to export the client side entire datatable data into excel.

I tried to use tabletools options but it requires flash which is not allowed to use it in my case and also the excel should download automatically without asking the user to specify the path to save and view it.

thanks in advance.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• mmcnair80mmcnair80 Posts: 83Questions: 21Answers: 7

Please post the code that you have tried and/or use live.datatables.net to show us exactly what is happening.

• allanallan Posts: 61,322Questions: 1Answers: 10,023 Site admin

Need clarification on that

What clarification exactly is required? As you say, you need a newer version of DataTables. 1.10.15 is the current version.

Allan

• asha1905asha1905 Posts: 7Questions: 1Answers: 0

HTML5 export buttons is suitable for DataTable version 1.10.5 ?

Please find the below link for the code which i have tried
    http://live.datatables.net/gojobime/4/edit

Is there any possibilities to export the dataTable into excel with dataTable 1.10.5 version ?
    Please help me on this.

• bindridbindrid Posts: 730Questions: 0Answers: 119
    edited August 2017

your cdns were wrong

• allanallan Posts: 61,322Questions: 1Answers: 10,023 Site admin
    Answer ✓

HTML5 export buttons is suitable for DataTable version 1.10.5 ?

No. I'm not sure how I can explain that more. As @bindrid and myself have indicated, 1.10.15 is the current version of DataTables and the Excel export from Buttons will work with that.

If you must use 1.10.5 (I don't know why you can't upgrade), then you would need to back port the Buttons library to 1.10.5. You are welcome to do that, but it isn't something that we would do for you since it already works with the latest versions.

Allan

Thanks Allan for your response.

This discussion has been closed.