Table doesn't load when using search fields

Table doesn't load when using search fields

canvascentraalcanvascentraal Posts: 7Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited September 2010 in General
Hello All,

This is my first post, but I couldn't find any answers yet regarding my question.

I use wordpress and have some code added at the bottom of the tables to let visitors search a table. In the second column on the bottom I added: for example.

The problem is that the table doesn't load sometimes and it does other times.

The link: http://www.canvascentraal.nl/onderwerp/canvas-vergelijker/

If you click on it and it works, refresh it or click on the title of the post and it will not appear in many cases.

I would much appreciate your thoughts or input into this matter. Thanks.

Or if there is a workaround that would also do. What matters most is that visitors can search for a specific size and thickness.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 63,213Questions: 1Answers: 10,415 Site admin
    I'm afraid I'm not seeing that problem. Whenever I refresh the page the table always loads okay for me. When it does give you a problem do you see any Javascript errors?

Allan
  • canvascentraalcanvascentraal Posts: 7Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hello Allan,

That is strange, when i click the title or else in the menu bar the canvas vergelijker tab it gives me around 40% of the times the failre. when it gives me a problem it basically shows me an empty page below the title. Nothing shows. Also no failure report. Please see a screenshot: http://www.canvascentraal.nl/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Screenshot-failure.jpg

Is there any way I can see which errors occurr? Thanks.
    Does it only happen in IE, or Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari as well? If you use the developer tools to inspect the DOM, is there anything shown for that part of the page at all? Or even just 'view source'?

Allan
    It happens in IE and in Firefox. View source gives exactly the same if its working as if it is not. Source: http://www.canvascentraal.nl/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Source.docx

Does this help you?
    Not really - I can't open docx files :-). If you open Firebug in Firefox when this problem occurs, does it show any javascript errors?

Allan
    edited September 2010
    Hello,

In the DOM tab, in the version it is not working it shows a line constructor Window { } which it doesn't show in the working one. It also shows a get history with 13 entries in the non working and 2 entries in the working
    Getscroll max Y is 0 in the non working and 28468.

Does this help you or can i send you some detailed information?

Ps. Clicking on one of the tags will help in some instances in getting the non working version.
    Hi canvascentraal,

I've just managed to reproduce the issue, so I can at least see what is going on now :-). It would appear that when it's not working, the page simply doesn't include all of the HTML needed. It matches exactly all the way up to "". The following line should be "Hier zie je een overzicht van alle canvas aanbieders. Hoe werkt het?" - but when not working, it and everything that follows simply isn't there - which is why it isn't working.

At a guess I'd say that a process on the server is timing out - but I'm not sure. I'd suggest checking the servers error log (/var/log/apache/error_log on most Linux / Apache machines) and seeing if it says anything useful...

Allan
    edited November 2010
    Hello Allan, all,

Thanks for your feedback and sorry for not responding earlier. I have checked witht the hoster but they cant supply an error log. Another thing I noticed is that with smaller tables the problem seems to not be there anymore. So I have decided to go that way for now.

But now I have another issue. The Search, sorting, filtering abilities don't work anymore. I have no idea how this is possible. The only thing I changed was installing tinyMCE advanced for text editing. Now I have removed it and also removed wp table reloaded and installed it again but no change.

In the same link you can see the problem http://www.canvascentraal.nl/onderwerp/canvas-vergelijker/

Do you know how I could solve this? Can this be a javascript error? Thanks in advance. Regards,
    Hi Allan,

The latter problem was solved by myself. Turns out that if I have a certain widget activated the footer doesn't load hence the javascript doesn't get loaded. Maybe someone can use this info in the future.

Thanks for the help. With the other thing I am goin to split it into 3 groups.

Best regards,
This discussion has been closed.