Question about concatenated CDN URLs

Question about concatenated CDN URLs

kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,257Questions: 26Answers: 4,761

I'm building HTML templates for my Datatable pages. Would like to automate building concatenated CDN URLs based on the extensions, etc that are need for the page. My thought is to use the download builder to build a URL with all the features I would use then remove what is not needed in an automated way. I guess the question is are the features in the same order no matter the combination?

Hope that makes sense.

Kevin

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,627Questions: 1Answers: 10,091 Site admin
    Answer ✓

I guess the question is are the features in the same order no matter the combination?

More or less. The build order is effectively defined by the order in the URL (more or less - there is a bit separation between the third and first-party libraries). So for example you would always have jq before dt (jQuery before DataTables) - but the order of the extensions doesn't really matter.

The one extra bit of information you will need is version information - I'll PM you about that.

Allan

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,257Questions: 26Answers: 4,761

I noticed when selecting the jQuery library that it is listed twice in the URL. Is that expected/needed?

Kevin

• allanallan Posts: 61,627Questions: 1Answers: 10,091 Site admin
    Answer ✓

I noticed that the other day as well. No it shouldn't be needed and it shouldn't be there. The builder does de-duplication so it won't be included twice. I need to update my own URL builder to stop it doing that.

Allan

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,257Questions: 26Answers: 4,761

Good, didn't want to load jQuery twice as I know that causes problem :wink:

Kevin

This discussion has been closed.