Remove title but set filename when printing?

Remove title but set filename when printing?

adylang89adylang89 Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi, how do I hide/remove the title when I print? But I want to pre-set the filename when we save the print as a PDF or .xps file.
I know DataTable will use the title value as the filename but I don't want to display the title on the page, just use it as a filename only? Possible?

Answers

• adylang89adylang89 Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

here is the live example for the test data. http://live.datatables.net/diyufuba/1/edit
    I can't set the filename without adding the title and display it in the printing page.

• allanallan Posts: 61,697Questions: 1Answers: 10,102 Site admin

There is a bug related to the PDF and Excel buttons for title and filename, which has been resolved in the nightly version and I'll probably publish that next week (the nightly can be used until then).

However, the print button doesn't use a file name at all - its just a print view that then gets closed. I'm not sure what you want the file name to do for the print view?

Allan

The reason I'm choosing print function instead of export function is because I want to have choice either to print it directly or save it as PDF or .xps file. But, the only limitation is I can't set the default file name when user choose to save the preview instead of print it directly. I'm understand the function will take the title: as the file name but is it possible to customize this without set the title?

• allanallan Posts: 61,697Questions: 1Answers: 10,102 Site admin

I don't believe there would be any way to do that. Can you do that with a normal web-page?

Allan

thank you for making this clear now. I might need to use pdfhtml export function then.

This discussion has been closed.