individual column searching and language option

individual column searching and language option

korro89korro89 Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

hi!
i'm not sure if i've found a weird bug or if i'm doing something wrong, but individual column searching and the language option seems to be incompatible.
Let me explain it better. i'm using datatables with server side processing and individual column searching as in the example here and everything is working fine, but as soon as i use the language option datatable starts to behave in a weird way. if i write "A" in the input on the first column the first request sent to the server is fine, in column[0].search.value i have A, but then i get a second request with A both in column[0].search.value and column[1].search.value, then a third request with A in columns 0, 1 and 2, and so on until i get a request with A as a search parameter in every column.

Am i doing something wrong? Do i need to take some special precaution when using both language and column search?

thank you in advance for your help.

Answers

• korro89korro89 Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0
    edited September 2017

ok, i've partially figured it out so i'll let it here for future reference.
    the problem wasn't with language, but more specifically with language.url. Using language.url it still doesn't work for me but language without url works fine, i'm still not sure if i was doing something wrong but at least now it works.

• BeckynetBeckynet Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

I am experiencing a similar problem.
    When I use a language file, the column search does not work.
    I also tried with the original English file, the problem is the same.

No matching records found

"language": {
                "url": "http://cdn.datatables.net/plug-ins/9dcbecd42ad/i18n/English.json"
                },

Without this settings all run fine.

This discussion has been closed.