How to display (open) a long table at a predetermined row ?

How to display (open) a long table at a predetermined row ?

koreffkoreff Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Reading through the forum I have not found a question (or answer) to this problem, I have a table with 450+ entries, but I can only link to the page holding the table, and this always starts from top.
Is there (a simple :-)) way to display a given line through a link on another page? (Is there a "trick" to create a link in another page, that opens the table to display lets say line 320 ? This is to free users from having to scroll through a lot of pages to arrive at the desired item - some users might even think the site is buggy, since the requested item does not show up immediately.
The table in question can be seen at: nslokal.ns-arkiv.dk/luftfoto/

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,269Questions: 26Answers: 4,765

You can use the row().show() plugin to jump to the page with the data you want to view.

https://datatables.net/plug-ins/api/row().show()

You would use row-selector to define the row to go to.

Kevin

• koreffkoreff Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

OK - there is a problem here. The links to the datatable are in a PDF-file, so how do I put the programming into this file so that it still looks "pretty" to the non-programmer user?

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,269Questions: 26Answers: 4,765
    edited January 2018 Answer ✓

Not sure I understand your question. Maybe this example will help:
    http://live.datatables.net/hatojihe/1/edit

Click on the "Find Quinn" button and you will see the display change to page 5 where the row containing "Quinn" is at.

Kevin

• koreffkoreff Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thanks for your effort but this gets too complicated for solving my problem. I will have to figure out some sort of work-around. Probably ugly - but functional I hope.
    Will remember these suggestions for a future page with a different lay out.
    Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.