MSSQL Error in Datatables Editor after msodbcsql update

MSSQL Error in Datatables Editor after msodbcsql update

Dev_TenretniDev_Tenretni Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi,
my developer server got an update for the packages msodbcsql-17.0.1.1-1.x86_64 and mssql-tools-17.0.1.1-1.x86_64 two days ago. After then I could not connect to the mssql server in Datatables Editor. The error message that is thrown is:

DataTables warning: table id=resultNotices_47072 - An error occurred while connecting to the database 'MyDatabaseName'. The error reported by the server was: SQLSTATE[IMSSP]: This extension requires the Microsoft ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server to communicate with SQL Server. Access the following URL to download the ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server for x64: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=163712

Behind the microsoft link is only a msi-File download available and not usable for my CentOS 7 Server.
I reinstall mssql packages in Version 13 for CentOS 7 and also all needed php packages. Nothing changed. I got again this error.

Could anybody give me a hint? Or has a solution for this problem?

Thanks and best regards,
Erich

Answers

• Dev_TenretniDev_Tenretni Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Ok. I found a solution.
    My msodbcsql downgrade was not successful. I was again on Version 17.0.1.1 which is not compatible with the latest Datatables Editor Version.

I make a yum downgrade to msodbcsql-13.1.9.2-1.x86_64 Version, restarted my Apache and now everthing works fine again.

Hey man. Hope anybody from the Datatables Editor Support Team read this problem!

• allanallan Posts: 61,431Questions: 1Answers: 10,048 Site admin

Thank you post posting back. Good to hear you have a workaround.

It sounds like there is an issue between msodbcsql 17.0.1.1 and SQL Server.

Regards,
    Allan

• marcostvzmarcostvz Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hey there! Thanks so much for posting this, downgrading worked fine. I did with apt:

apt-get install msodbcsql=13.1.9.2-1

This discussion has been closed.