Searching Server Side - 3 dots (...) link does not work

Searching Server Side - 3 dots (...) link does not work

vsosvsos Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

I have a simple Datatable, with Server side pagination, everything working correctly, except the "3 dots (...) link that does not work.

Versions details:
- Datatables 1.10.16
- Jquery 1.12.4
- Tested on Chrome 63.0, IE 11.192, Edge 41 and Firefox 58.0.1, same behavior across all browsers.

Datatables configuration:

"processing": true, 
"serverSide": true, 
"orderMulti": false, 
"pagingType": "numbers",

The following image presents the correct pagination bar:

For some reason, the (...) link does not work:

• When i press a specific paging number (1, 2, etc), the link works, the request is executed server side and correctly processed.
  • When pressing the (...) link, nothing happens, the browser does not present any error, and the request is not sent to the server side.

Any suggestion on what's causing this behavior?

Thanks in advance.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,148Questions: 26Answers: 4,736

When pressing the (...) link, nothing happens, the browser does not present any error, and the request is not sent to the server side.

As far as I know the ... are not used. What behavior are you expecting from clicking the ...?

Kevin

• vsosvsos Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

I would expect that the Page numbers would change, for example, as per above image:

• 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 1660

When pressing (...), it would change to something like:

• ..., 6, 7, 8, 9, ..., 1660.

As per now, i cannot select page 10, for example.

• allanallan Posts: 61,452Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Kevin is correct - it was never designed that the ellipsis would be clickable. It select page 10 you'd need to click the Next button a few times. It looks like you might have disabled that button, so you'd need to click 5, then 6, 7, etc.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.